Starlite RO's Forum

Welcome back to Starlite RO's forum! Check out some of the newer posts! You need to register an account in order to see all the sections of the forum. We hope you enjoy your time here at Starlite RO both in-game and on the forum ^^!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Starlite RO's Forum

Welcome back to Starlite RO's forum! Check out some of the newer posts! You need to register an account in order to see all the sections of the forum. We hope you enjoy your time here at Starlite RO both in-game and on the forum ^^!

Starlite RO's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starlite RO--Your Dream Server Shines!

Latest topics

» Oh hell yes.
Website EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:16 am by GM Keke

» This Forum Is Old
Website EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:16 pm by GM Sauce

» 2 problems PLEASE help
Website EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 am by Guest

» VanessaMay's GM Application ;D
Website EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:07 pm by vanessamay

» Donation problems
Website EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:22 pm by Guest

» Can't read xray_(Multiple items)
Website EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 pm by Guest

» Server is now online!
Website EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 pm by GM Sauce

» Server Downtime
Website EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:39 am by jhina

» Answer a question.... with a question!
Website EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:11 pm by Admin Yuki

Starlite Chat Box

Starlite Music Player

3 posters

Website

GM Sauce
    GM Sauce
    In-Game Moderators
    In-Game Moderators

Reputation Points : 2

Website Empty Website

Post by GM Sauce Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Just wondering if I'm the only one who's having problems with the website. Problem is I can't connect to it or something like that. I asked my brother about it since he's sort of... good technically and he said it's not the router or whatever's fault, it's the website admins. Apparently they banned my IP, according to my brother. <--- Highly doubt it though since I'm a GM. So yeah just wondering if anyone is having the same problem. << (being unable to connect to the website is really inconvenient since the patcher's connected to the website along with the CP).
    Admin Yuki
    Admin Yuki
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Reputation Points : 8

Website Empty Re: Website

Post by Admin Yuki Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:53 pm

I think it has to do with the location ><. If the problem persists, we may need to buy website hosting along with another domain somewhere else... but we'll see if it can be solved.
    jhina
    jhina
    Administrators
    Administrators

Reputation Points : 0

Post by jhina Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Why does everyone instantly say its our fault; ever since the server move this has happened. It's related to your ISP's DNS. Remember the other topic I posted about DNS; that's whats happening. Your ISP has not updated their DNS records. Use OpenDNS and this will resolve the problem. What is going on is that YOUR ISP has not updated the IP that starlite-ro.com points to as a result it goes to the OLD IP not the IP we are CURRENTLY using. This has nothing at all to do with our location or that we have banned anyone's IP. Please contact our network operations department before assuming things. People instantly blaming us is really getting on my nerves... If we are truly that horrible of a provider then you do have the option of going somewhere else... have some faith a loyalty seriously...
    GM Sauce
    GM Sauce
    In-Game Moderators
    In-Game Moderators

Reputation Points : 2

Post by GM Sauce Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:46 pm

If you read my post completely I said I "HIGHLY DOUBT IT" and I was only posting what my brother said. << I never said I had problems with RBhosting. I think I'm getting sick of people instantly assuming things without actually reading the whole post. <.<
    And sorry didn't see the thing about OpenDNS. But either way, I do not have control over the router or the account. I wanted something to be done without actually having to deal with changing things related to the whole internet thing (not good with these things anyways. It's why I leave it to my brother).
    Admin Yuki
    Admin Yuki
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Post by Admin Yuki Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm not having any problems, jhina, but some players are. I think it is based on location of the PLAYERS (people in Canada are not having any troubles viewing). I'm just saying, if people still can't view the website, we may need another one for those people so that they can patch ><. It depends if this can be fixed.
    Admin Yuki
    Admin Yuki
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator

Post by Admin Yuki Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:00 am

Also, I've been informed that they could view the website when the IP switched... but after the website suspension (and website put back on), some players could not see the website ><. Do you know the reason why?

Anyways, it depends on the location of the Players is what I have been told, but it's strange how some people can view the website while others cannot. We're not switching server hosting or anything... just saying that we may need to get a new website hoster as well for those who can't see the current website.
    jhina
    jhina
    Administrators
    Administrators

Reputation Points : 0

Post by jhina Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:14 am

It actually only has to do with their DNS provider; not the location. Example if you use OpenDNS you will be able to see some sites but not others because their TTL is set to a different time. The base idea behind DNS is very simple but when you get into routing issues, IP assignment, bandwidth routing and DNS routing issues then things start getting very complicated very fast. Long story short there's three options, wait for the DNS to update (not recommended as this can take anywhere form days to months), use an alternate DNS provider (like OpenDNS; contrary to what people think you DO NOT need access to your parents phone account or even your router to change this setting on your local computer; go to control panel, network connections, the connection you use to access the internet (right click and select properties) then find Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and once again select properties. In there you may select that you manually want to enter DNS Server settings. Below are OpenDNS's DNS servers.

The final option that I also would not recommend is having me get one of our network technicians to call you and have him deal with the network engineers at your ISP as well as configure your network for you (highly NOT recommended as we WILL charge 75 dollars per hour for his time.) If you still want to do that it can be done but again it costs a lot. My recommendation would be the second option using an alternate DNS provider; all you need is administrator access on your computer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am