Starlite RO's Forum

Welcome back to Starlite RO's forum! Check out some of the newer posts! You need to register an account in order to see all the sections of the forum. We hope you enjoy your time here at Starlite RO both in-game and on the forum ^^!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Starlite RO's Forum

Welcome back to Starlite RO's forum! Check out some of the newer posts! You need to register an account in order to see all the sections of the forum. We hope you enjoy your time here at Starlite RO both in-game and on the forum ^^!

Starlite RO's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starlite RO--Your Dream Server Shines!

Latest topics

» Oh hell yes.
My Story EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 5:16 am by GM Keke

» This Forum Is Old
My Story EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:16 pm by GM Sauce

» 2 problems PLEASE help
My Story EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 am by Guest

» VanessaMay's GM Application ;D
My Story EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:07 pm by vanessamay

» Donation problems
My Story EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:22 pm by Guest

» Can't read xray_(Multiple items)
My Story EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 pm by Guest

» Server is now online!
My Story EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 pm by GM Sauce

» Server Downtime
My Story EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:39 am by jhina

» Answer a question.... with a question!
My Story EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:11 pm by Admin Yuki

Starlite Chat Box

Starlite Music Player

3 posters

My Story

Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Reputation Points : 2

My Story Empty My Story

Post by Memieko Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 am

I guess I should post since Cronox wants to read. Mind you I have been working on this since I was 13 so it's going to sound meh. It's only a rough draft. It's Ragnarok and all the characters resemble my friends. It's been edited a bit to sound more mature, but gah I need tor improve the vocabulary on this.

Chapter 1

He looked about his dust infested room which was quiet and still. Koiwa stepped out of his room and into the hallway to find Memieko. Her long hair was down which told him that she was headed to bed. Usually it was in piggy tails that came out from the back bottom of her head. Her purple hair gleamed in the flickering light as she walked sleepily past Koiwa nodding her a ‘good night.’ He rubbed his fingers through his rough, scraggly hair and went off to bed.

The next morning Koiwa awoke and saw the sun coming up from the grass-covered hills.
    He looked through squinted eyes and saw kids playing the fields. He walked over to his arrows that sparkled in the morning light. He put them around his right arm and picked up his massively long bow and trudged out of the room not bothering to fix his bed. Still lost in thought about his dream, always the same damn thing, he thought, blood warnings about betrayal can’t I just dream of something more peaceful?

Not looking where he was headed he accidentally bumped into Mishiatsu coming around the hall. He fell back with a severe pain in his head and looked up to see a blonde-haired sleek, skinny Assassin Cross holding his hand out cheerfully.

“Sorry about that, Kiowa,” he apologized in a jolly voice.

It seems nothing can tarnish his good mood, Koiwa thought to himself. Brushing himself off as he stood up. “So, when’re we leavin’?” he asked.

“In a few minutes,” he replied, “ Takashi scheduled to meet the warp girl at 10.”

“Then let’s wake Memieko, she’s a heavy sleeper, but I’m sure she’ll wake up if you try.”

A mischievous smile spread across Mishiatsu’s face as he nodded and carried on towards Memieko’s room.

Once inside he preceded the usual wake up call for his sleepy young friend. Walking toward the lump of covers rising and falling on the bed. Soon as she rolled over, he pounced on her, “MONIKE!” he screeched at the top of his lungs.

She screamed in alarm at the figure that had just woken her. Her shock turned to utter dislike. “What the hell was that for?” She cried out angrily, “You nearly gave me a heart attack!”

“Aw lighten up, you should be thankful, otherwise you would’ve slept in.” he said innocently.

“Still, wake me up with only a nudge,” she retorted ignoring his innocent gesture, “I may be a heavy sleeper, but god, I’m not that hard to wake up.”

“Okay,” Mishiatsu giggled.

“So what time’s the Warp Girl coming?” She added changing the subject.

“In about 3 minutes,” He said glancing at his watch.

“Okay, looks like I have no time to eat,” She said glumly.

“Well, maybe if you weren’t such a heavy sleeper you would’ve woken up earlier,” He joked as he was walking out the door.

“Shut up,” Memieko growled after him.

As they walked through the hallway and outside they saw Takashi a skinny, but strong Champion, with a big heart and brown hair always combed to one side of his face. Next to Memieko’s brother was, Koiwa a sniper with no hawk and shaggy black hair who always wore a stern look on his face. Along with Royaku, the most immature gunslinger there ever was and yet, the most powerful. He had flame color hair that stuck straight up into the air, and next was tall Ryu, A Priest who has a grayish, bluish hair and gives no notice to Memieko.

A twinge of anger hit her like a thorn as she remembered the times he always hung out with his cool friends after promising to spend time with her. Also, sadness made her heart feel like a rock as she remembered the times he cared for her and took her on walks with him and she was taken back to when they first met. When he was just an acolyte and she a thief. She sighed.

“Okay, Everyone ready?” Takashi asked as cheerful as ever.

“Yup.” Royaku replied.

“Alright then the Warp Girl should be here in about…” His voice trailed off as a loud whir filled the area followed by noise like the sound of thunder as a woman in an orange uniform fell from about two feet above Takashi nearly breaking his neck as she toppled on top of him.

“O-oh my I’m s-sorry,” she stuttered, “I’m new to the warping service, I guess I miscalculated my range of warp.”

“No problem,” Takashi grunted brushing off his outfit.

“Well then!” She said brightly. “It says your scheduled a warp for Payon and meet back at the stone steps in 4 weeks!”

“Yup.”

“Alright here you go!” she said. Pointing her finger to an empty spot in the ground a light began to rise up in many colors and inside was a small vortex twisting and turning.

“We’re supposed to jump in that?” Memieko cried after looking down and backed away, she felt a sudden a push behind her and looked and saw Ryu forcing her in. “I don’t think I need help to walk in a portal,” she assured him coldly.

“Then don’t act like you need any,” he threw back as she jumped in, giving her no time to respond.

=========================================================
    Characters:
    Koiwa:Tekken:????? -- I met him from my guild which he betrayed.
    Royaku:pendejo_bos:???? -- Met because of Adrian which he disappeared a while ago. Everyone still misses him
    Takashi:zbirdmanz:Adrian -- My best and first friend on RO so we consider ourselves brother and sister.
    Mishiatsu:Mishiatsu:Shawn -- Another friend I met through Adrian, Monike was the first name I had on RO so he usually calls me that.
    Ryu:DivineSage:Daniel -- He was one of the first friends I had on RO which we got in a fight that he never got over. Really bad memory

I'll have more characters later.
    The Left Click
    The Left Click
    Guild Leaders
    Guild Leaders

Reputation Points : 9

My Story Empty Re: My Story

Post by The Left Click Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:48 am

*sits eagerly awaiting more* Yay more writers!
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:55 am

I'm surprised you read that so fast lol
    The Left Click
    The Left Click
    Guild Leaders
    Guild Leaders

Post by The Left Click Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:14 am

I read fast XD My apologies.
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:20 am

Well then here ya go:

Chapter 2 Payon
    The darkness seemed never ending as she felt herself silently floating but eventually her feet found the ground and vision began to clear. She saw many peasants bustling about through shops and other pharmacy stores. Memieko also saw merchants of different varieties selling equipment and weapons of all sorts. Takashi appeared right next to her, but he seemed to be too dazed so she waited a few moments until his senses kicked in. It was only moments before his eyes looked lively again and his face curved into a loving smile.

“Hey there!” he exclaimed.

“You looked dead on your feet when you appeared,” she teased him

Before he had time to answer the others started appearing in a row first Koiwa then Mishiatsu, Royaku, and last Ryu, but before he even looked like he had his senses Ryu went racing off to the shops.

Memieko went to go look at different daggers while Koiwa went to look at the different sets of bows and arrows. He chose an expensive bow called Artemis and some silver arrows to go with it. Ryu was busy talking to another High Priest with a gaunt look but kind eyes. Royaku was also jumping from shop to shop obviously looking for a gunslinger shop to buy a Garrison and bullets. Takashi was sitting on a bench with a flower sticking out of his mouth trying to look attractive as some girls passed by and whispered quietly with delight. I guess I have to put a stop to this, She thought.

She walked over to him and sat down. “Honestly, what would Tatsuya say if she was here right now and saw what you were doing?”

“Oh come on, I’m a guy, what do you expect?” Takashi replied

“Well to me it looks like Tatsuya was never a thought to you,” She told him. Tatsuya was a beautiful knight with brown hair and stunning brown eyes.

“I still think of Tatsuya; and I can’t wait to see her tomorrow,” He threw in.

“Okay, fine,” She said with a bit irritation rising up in her, “But don’t blame me if you wind up with some girl after you.”

“Okay.”

“Go and get some equips with the others, I’m done with my gears, but we all need new equips since some of ours are rusted over.”

He nodded briskly and then got up and went to scavenge around the shops for some guards and a new Fist. Feeling the nice spring breeze above her face she remembered when they relied and use to train with each other. She sighed missing the times when they really did need each other.

Mishiatsu came striding up to her. “Hi, there,” He said sitting down next to her. “I’m done for today; check out this cool dagger I got.” He pulled out a case which had the shiniest steel inside she ever saw.

“Wow!” she exclaimed, “It looks wonderful.”

“Thanks!” he said pride swelling up inside his eyes.

Not long after that the others began to join them on the bench; soon all they had to wait for was Takashi who was already running towards them with a blue colored fist in his hands.

“Look!” he panted, “This Fist was so cheap I thought it was impossible that anyone wouldn’t buy it!”

“That’s great, Takashi,” Ryu replied unenthusiastically.

“Okay,” Royaku said with his hair sticking up from the overdose of hair gel making him look unrealistic, “Lets find a Hotel and get some rest, the suns already going down.”

“I agree,” Memieko pitched in, “Besides we’re worn out.”

“More like you’re just scared of the dark,” Ryu muttered. Memieko shot him a dark glance.

After arriving to the motel they settled to their room Takashi and Memieko settled themselves in room 5, Ryu and Koiwa in room 10, and Royaku and Mishiatsu in room 7. “So, where’d you say Koiwa was going?”

Takashi was sitting in the bathroom brushing his teeth while Memieko lay in the snow white bed undoing her piggy tails.
    “He wants to speak with a fortune teller.” He answered.

“Don’t tell me he’s having more weird dreams happen to him,” Memieko groaned, “They always go bad in the end.”

“Ha-ha, yeah, like that one time where he dreamt about someone breaking into the house, he chuckled, “and he set up all those security alarms and no one ever came.”

“Yeah, well, I’m gonna’ head to bed.”

“G’night Memieko.”

“Night Takashi.”
    The Left Click
    The Left Click
    Guild Leaders
    Guild Leaders

Post by The Left Click Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:23 am

Hehe, how many chapters do you have written up already?
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 am

Half way through 12. Need to edit this one toothpaste in RO lol

They get longer the more chapters I have.
    The Left Click
    The Left Click
    Guild Leaders
    Guild Leaders

Post by The Left Click Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:39 am

For a young author you've got good form. No run on sentences, you know when you end a paragraph.

I'm excited to read what you're gonna post next!
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:51 am

I read a lot of books and I learn more easily by by observing so, it helps. I'm Silas Marner at the moment. Hard book. Thanks a lot though.

Chapter 3 The woods
    “Time to get up, Mishiatsu!” Royaku was yelling while shaking him.

“Grha!” he cried in alarm, “What the hell do you think your doing?”

“Waking you up, that’s what I’m doing,” he answered.

“What for?” he asked

“Koiwa wants to go see a fortune teller.”

“Why do I have to get up?” Mishiatsu complained.

“Because he wants everyone to go with him,” Royaku said losing his patience, “Now get up!”

“Alright, alright,” he said, “don’t lose your pants.” Mishiatsu started to put on his normal clothing than the assassin gear he was wearing yesterday. I wonder what Koiwa wants with a fortune teller, he thought.

“Are you ready?” Royaku called from the bathroom, “because I really wouldn’t like to walk in on you half naked.’

“I’m ready.” He answered back. Royaku came out with his gunslinger clothing on. “Why do you need your gunslinger uniform on?”

“Well you never know, at the academy I was taught your enemy could be anyone.”

“Alright, let’s just get going,’ Mishiatsu said

Memieko stood beside Takashi while waiting for Royaku and Mishiatsu to arrive.
    “Do we seriously have to wait for them, Koiwa?”

“Yes, it wouldn’t be fair to leave them here,” he said although there was a hint of impatience in his voice. She was concerned all the same; he never needed a fortune teller to analyze his dreams. He always solved them himself someway.

“Hey!” Royaku called from the entrance nearly dragging Mishiatsu along with him.

“Finally,” this time it was Ryu who spoke, with annoyance flickering in his eyes.

“Okay,” Koiwa said, “Now that we’re all here lets head that way.” He gestured with his finger toward the middle of town.

As they continued to walk Memieko realized that they weren’t headed downtown at all. Koiwa had taken a short detour that headed towards the woods. She had a dark feeling about this place and it made her instincts sharper. As they ventured on light started to fade although it was only the afternoon it felt like midnight and the atmosphere began to get cold and damp. She shuddered, but suddenly a hard hand fell on her shoulder making her jump.

“It’s okay, it’s only me,” She recognized her brothers voice in the darkness.

She sighed with relief, “What are you doing?” she whispered, “You scared me half to death.”

“So, you’re as scared as I am about this?” he guessed.

“Yeah,” she agreed, “There’s something dark here, but I can’t put my finger on it.”

“We’re here,” Koiwa interrupted them. He stood in front of a cabin which loomed over them in the darkness putting ice in Memieko’s veins with its rotted and termite infested exterior. She stepped forward but Koiwa put his hand out to stop her. “I’ll go,” he said, “alone.”

“Then what’s the point of bringing us all the way out here if your just going to go alone,” Mishiatsu complained.

“The woods aren’t safe to travel alone,” he murmured making Memieko wonder what he meant by that.

“Well go on then,” Ryu told him.

Koiwa took a gulp, “Okay,” he said, “here goes.” He strided forward and was swallowed up by darkness.
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Koiwa found himself in a dark gloomy hallway surrounded by broken wood and cobwebs. All that he could hear were his footsteps and a leaking faucet somewhere.
    “Welcome,” A voice sounded from up ahead making him jump, “there is no need to be afraid.”

“Umm…I-I’m K-ko-”

“I know who you are,” she cut him off; “I also know why you are here.”

“How do you…?”

“I’m a fortune teller,” she replied, “I can see the past future and present.”
    “And you have come here to tell me about your troubled dreams, have you not?”

“Well… uh….yes,” Koiwa said uncertainly, “Who- who are you?

“My name is Mishi,” she stated, “I hope you can forgive me for not giving you a proper greeting, but come in, there is much you wish to tell me.”

Koiwa walked into the dim lighted kitchen where he saw Mishi sitting on an ancient table and shuffling card in front of a crystal globe that was twisting and swirling inside. “Sit,” she commanded. He did so and sat himself down on the empty chair across from her.
    “Let me see your palm,” she said. He followed the second order by placing his hand face up on the table; she laid her hand on top of his and closed her eyes as if she was calculating something. She jumped up with a gasp and her eyes look frightful.

“What did you see?” Koiwa asked startled by her sudden scare.

“Death surrounds your friends,” she told him, “there is a traitor.”

“Wha-who?”

“I can’t tell you that now.”

“Why not?” he asked

“I am only to tell the future not change it, for you to know would disrupt yours and one of your fellow friend’s destiny.”
    “I have something that might help you, I caught it in these woods a while back.”

“What is it?” Koiwa asked curiously.

“A hawk.”

“But how can I trust you?” He protested. She laid her hand on top of his shoulder

“Then what is your plan if you don’t take the hawk.”

“Well I-” He didn’t know what to say until he looked up to meet her eyes which were a piercing grey color, blind and unreadable, “I’ll take the hawk, how much will I owe you?”

“It’s all free, I don’t need the money.”

“Have it your way then.”

“Now then, let me go get your hawk.” Mishi got up from her chair and went into a back room that looked clearly invisible. She came back out with huge cage that had a massive hawk within it. She handed it to him.

“Thank you, Mishi,” he said graciously, “I won’t ever forget you.”

“Your welcome, Koiwa,” she bowed as he took the hawk, “use your new pet wisely.”

He got up from where he was and strided out the door not looking back to see Mishi’s face one more time. The bird was rattling loudly at the cage obviously wanting out of its barred fortress. “I’ll let you out when I’m alone,” he promised. The bird clearly understood him and stopped flapping its wings and relaxed. He continued to walk through the dark, never ending hallway until he hit light which blinded him, although how dim it was, at first until he heard Memieko who spoke first.

“What did she say?” Memieko asked.

“I kind of need some alone time to absorb what she told me,” Koiwa said which was only half true. Takashi looked up from his Fist and glanced at Koiwa questionably. Ryu even paused from the throwing rock contest he was having with Mishiatsu. The awkward silence made the world seem to stop. They all knew Koiwa hardly kept any secrets and rarely needed to time to conceive something.

“But why can’t you tell us?” it was Takashi who spoke first.

“It’s too complicated right now,” he said.

“Let’s respect his privacy if he doesn’t want to tell us then let it be,” Ryu said, “Instead of being some nosy foxes and consistently asking him questions.” He was directing his words straight at Memieko as she gave him a look of pure hatred. Koiwa slipped off before getting mixed in the brawl the two were about to start. He wondered why no one asked about the hawk unless they just didn’t noticed. Although the hawk had been very quiet when he was talking to them.

He found an open clearing where he could sit and think. He began to open the cage to let the hawk out. It flapped its wings impatiently wanting out while he was undoing the hook, once undone the hawk flew out instantly while He suddenly got taken aback when the hawk spoke, “Thank you,” The hawk told him, “That cage was suppressing my powers to where I couldn’t talk.”

“What the-!” Koiwa cried out in shock as he stumbled over.

“Get up, human!” The hawk screeched at him, annoyed.

“S-sorry,” he apologized, “You just, scared me that’s all.”

“Yes, I know.”

“Um…so,” he said awkwardly after a pause, he scratched the back of his head out of intensity, “how are you suppose to help guide me ?”

The hawk flew to a lower branch that made his face in line with Koiwa’s making his beak nearly touch the end of his nose. “I am a spirit, I may go inside humans as I please and act as their better judgment.”

“Go inside- How can I even trust you with that?” Koiwa said puzzled.

“I am not a trickster, my words are true, besides, it’s either this or death because one of your friends is the traitor.” The hawk pointed out for him, “I can help you succeed in saving all your friends.”

Koiwa sighed. “Alright, fine, here.” Koiwa held his hand out. The hawk lifted his large talon and raked it across his hand in a straight line. Pain seared through him instantly and he felt pressure on his hand as if a strong wind were pushing it back. He blinked and the hawk was gone with the wound on his hand healed. All the sudden it felt like a black sheet had covered his eyes as he went blind and his head began to feel foggy. “What are doing!?” he cried loudly as his mind began feeling like led.

“Gullible human,” the words echoed in his head, “Do you really think this would keep you alive? You are the destined traitor; I’ll plan now on destroying her, the one who is the so called hero.

Her? Koiwa thought to himself unable to speak anymore as his body felt numb. He felt as if he were falling into nothing just there and unable to hear, speak or think. Finally he lost consciousness and everything went silent.

“Haha, foolish mortals are so easy to trick.” He said marveling at his new host. A twig broke behind him and he instinctively turned his head and positioned his bow with an arrow ready to fire. “Who’s there?” he demanded to the stranger.

“It’s me, Royaku.” Royoko stepped out of the bushes with his gun pointed at the now possessed Koiwa.

“Ah, Royaku, how are you my friend?”

“Friend?!” Royaku shrieked with his pistol shaking in anger, “You evil cold-blooded bastard! Let Koiwa go or I’ll-”

“You’ll what? Shoot me? No, I don’t think you can,” he smirked, “See, Royoko, if you kill me you kill him as well.”

“Damn you!” he looked at Koiwa’s eyes and saw nothing but a dark mystified circle with no pupil.

“Well, It ends here, Royaku, I hope you and Koiwa and all your other despicable allies can meet in the world of undead!” with nothing more said he let his arrow fly as it hit Royaku squarely in the chest. He coughed up blood and fell to the ground, dying instantly.

Life began to return to Koiwa’s eyes as the hawk went back to being dormant inside his body. Koiwa saw Royaku on the ground with the arrow of his chest with his blood beginning to seep into the ground and the bow in his own hand. He instantly realized what happened. “NO!” He gasped, “What have I done? Royaku…no…” he couldn’t stay at the scene; Koiwa knew they would blame it on him and he couldn’t explain that he had been controlled by a hawk. He immediately ran deeper into the forest vanishing behind the leaves of the trees and shrubs.

========================================================

This one always gets me, why can't I make it more dramatic it drives me crazy.
    The Left Click
    The Left Click
    Guild Leaders
    Guild Leaders

Post by The Left Click Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 pm

Well you can always change things and go back with it again and again.

It's easy enough to alter words XD Just make it how you want it.
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:46 pm

I know but I've edited that part like 6 or 7 different times and it still doesn't make me go *gasp*
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:36 am

Edited chapter 4 because the other one seemed stupid. I'm quite satisfied with the edit:

Chapter 4 Turn of friendship

Koiwa found himself in a dark gloomy hallway surrounded by broken wood and cobwebs. All that he could hear were his footsteps and a leaking faucet somewhere.
    “Welcome,” A voice sounded from up ahead making him jump, “there is no need to be afraid.”

“Umm…I-I’m K-ko-”

“I know who you are,” she cut him off; “I also know why you are here.”

“How do you…?”

“I’m a fortune teller,” she replied, “I can see the past future and present.”
    “And you have come here to tell me about your troubled dreams, have you not?”

“Well… uh….yes,” Koiwa said uncertainly, “Who- who are you?

“My name is Mishi,” she stated, “I hope you can forgive me for not giving you a proper greeting, but come in, there is much to discuss”

Koiwa walked into the dim lighted kitchen where he saw Mishi sitting on an ancient table and shuffling card in front of a crystal globe that was twisting and swirling inside. “Sit,” she commanded. He did so and sat himself down on the empty chair across from her.
    “Let me see your palm,” she said. He followed the second order by placing his hand face up on the table; she laid her hand on top of his and closed her eyes as if she was calculating something. She jumped up with a gasp and her eyes look frightful.

“What did you see?” Koiwa asked startled by her sudden scare.

“Death surrounds your friends,” she told him, “there is an evil.”

“What?”

“I can not explain what it is."

“Why not?” he asked

"The future can not be altered, you make your own future. I do have something for you though that may help you."

“What is it?” Koiwa asked curiously.

“A hawk.”

“But how can I trust you?” He protested. She laid her hand on top of his shoulder

“Then what is your plan if you don’t take the hawk.”

“Well I-” He didn’t know what to say until he looked up to meet her eyes which were a piercing grey color, blind and unreadable, “I’ll take the hawk, how much will I owe you?”

“It’s all free, I don’t need the money.”

“Have it your way then.”

“Now then, let me go get your hawk.” Mishi got up from her chair and went into a back room that looked clearly invisible. She came back out with huge cage that had a massive hawk within it. She handed it to him.

“Thank you, Mishi,” he said graciously, “I won’t ever forget you.”

“Your welcome, Koiwa,” she bowed as he took the hawk, “use your new pet wisely.”

He got up from where he was and strided out the door not looking back to see Mishi’s face one more time. The bird was rattling loudly at the cage obviously wanting out of its barred fortress. “I’ll let you out when I’m alone,” he promised. The bird clearly understood him and stopped flapping its wings and relaxed. He continued to walk through the dark, never ending hallway until he hit light which blinded him, although how dim it was, at first until he heard Memieko who spoke first.

“What did she say?” Memieko asked.

“I kind of need some alone time to absorb what she told me,” Koiwa said which was only half true. Takashi looked up from his Fist and glanced at Koiwa questionably. Ryu even paused from the throwing rock contest he was having with Mishiatsu. The awkward silence made the world seem to stop. They all knew Koiwa hardly kept any secrets and rarely needed to time to conceive something.

“But why can’t you tell us?” it was Takashi who spoke first.

“It’s too complicated right now,” he said.

“Let’s respect his privacy if he doesn’t want to tell us then let it be,” Ryu said, “Instead of being nosey and consistently asking him questions.” He was directing his words straight at Memieko as she gave him a look of pure hatred. Koiwa slipped off before getting mixed in the brawl the two were about to start. He wondered why no one asked about the hawk unless they just didn’t noticed. Although the hawk had been very quiet when he was talking to them.

He found an open clearing where he could sit and think. He began to open the cage to let the hawk out. It flapped its wings impatiently wanting out while he was undoing the hook, once undone the hawk flew out instantly. Koiwa was suddenly taken aback when the hawk spoke, “Thank you,” it told him.

“What the-!” Koiwa cried out in shock as he stumbled backwards.

“Get up, human!” The hawk screeched at him, annoyed.

“I-how do-,” he began still surprised.

“That cage had a magical hold on me so strong I couldn't talk."

Koiwa stood up brushing his clothing off. “Um…so,” he said awkwardly after a pause, he scratched the back of his head nervously, “how are you suppose to help guide me ?”

The hawk flew to a lower branch that made his face in line with Koiwa’s making his beak nearly touch the end of his nose. “I am no ordinary hawk, within me I hold tremendous powers, that can imorove your strength.”

“How?” Koiwa said puzzled.

“Oh, well you'll find out soon enough, do you want me help?.”

Koiwa sighed. "Alright, fine. I accept your aid." The hawk then began to flap it's wings and climbed higher and higher until Koiwa could no longer see it. He heard something shuffling behind him and turned around instantly, but couldn't see anything.

"H-hello..?" he said unsurely. Fearing whatever it was. He didn't have much time to think before pain seared through his body. The hawk had come straight down and raked it's claws down his back. He cried out in pain, but then felt he could no longer control his limbs. His body went numb and
    he felt as if he were drifting into dark vortex.

“Gullible human,” the words echoed in his head, “Do you really think I was going to help you? Now I can advance on taking over this stupid world of yours, but first I have to destroy those meaningless friends of yours so nothing will get in my way." A twig broke behind him and he instinctively turned his head and positioned his bow with an arrow ready to fire. “Who’s there?” he demanded to the stranger.

“It’s me, Royaku.” Royoko stepped out of the bushes with his gun pointed at the now possessed Koiwa.

“Ah, Royaku, how are you my friend?”

“Friend?!” Royaku shrieked with his pistol shaking in anger, “You evil cold-blooded bastard! Let Koiwa go or I’ll-”

“You’ll what? Shoot me? No, I don’t think you can,” he smirked, “See, Royoko, if you kill me you kill him as well.”

“Damn you!” he looked at Koiwa’s eyes and saw nothing but a dark mystified circle with no pupil.

“Well, It ends here, Royaku, I hope you and Koiwa and all your other despicable allies can meet in the world of undead!” with nothing more said he let his arrow fly as it hit Royaku squarely in the chest with a satsified thunk. He coughed up blood and fell to the ground, dead.

Life began to return to Koiwa's eyes as he fought his way to gain control over his body again. Koiwa saw Royaku on the ground with the arrow of his chest with his blood beginning to seep into the ground and the bow in his own hand. He instantly realized what happened. “NO!” He gasped, “What have I done? Royaku…no…" In a fit he ran into the trees unable to show his face to the fact he killed his friend.

=======================================================

Oh and here is Chapter 5 for you to read, this is already edited so it should sound better.

Chapter 5 Royaku’s dead
    “I think something’s wrong, Royaku’s been gone too long.”

Takashi, Memieko, Ryu, and Mishiatsu were sitting on the small path in front of the cabin. They had sent Royaku to spy on Koiwa to see if he was okay. Before Ryu had broken the silence the cabin had seemed even more eerie.

“I’ll go check,” Memieko offered. She knew that Ryu wouldn’t suggest something like that if he was wrong.

“Be careful,” Takashi warned his sister.

“I’ll be fine,” she assured him; and with that she left in the same direction Royaku had taken.

Retracing Royaku wasn’t too hard for he had such huge footprints that even a blind person wouldn’t have a hard time. Except the pattern of the feet started changing his footsteps grew smaller and close together like he was sneaking on something. She continued to follow the trail which led a little deeper. Being careless she tripped on an up grown root and sprawled on the ground. “Damnit!” she muttered to herself. Memieko realized the ground felt strangely warm and muddy. She curiously lifted her palm from the ground, Blood?! She almost said aloud. She looked up and noticed a body laying a few feet away from her. Getting to her feet she ran over to the collapsed person.

“Are you-?” Memieko gasped when she saw flamed color hair which she knew right away belonged to Royaku, “ROYAKU!”

Takashi, Mishiatsu, Ryu all heard a scream somewhere far away.

“Was that Memieko?” Takashi asked.

“Well if you know anyone else that can scream that loud let me know,” Ryu spoke still leaning against the tree, yet his face looked even more worried than it had before.

“Well, what are we waiting for? We need to find her!” Mishiatsu said.

They all took off in the trees, Takashi was first practically sprinting ahead all of them with Ryu second and Mishiatsu third.

“Wouldn’t it make more sense to follow the trail,” Mishiatsu panted.

“Shush.” Takashi said.

“He’s right Takashi,” Ryu said, “We’ll never find her like-

“Shh,” Takashi silenced him.

“What?!” Ryu asked with his anger boiling up.

“I hear something,” Takashi told him, “listen.

All 3 of them stood dead in silence and Mishiatsu could hear sobbing somewhere close. “Sounds like Memieko,” he said recalling his memories of her last crying as they were kids. She never really did weep quietly.

“I’ll go first,” Takashi said. There was no objection for they knew the bond between the two and if Memieko was crying it’d be best if Takashi was there instead of Mishiatsu or Ryu – especially Ryu if the two were hostile against each other.

Takashi walked through some bushes that tore through his clothing and a little through his skin but it didn’t hurt nor did he care. He rounded on a clearing where he saw the back of his sister. He could she was holding a body as he got closer, “Memieko?” he said when he got into earshot.

She turned her head for a second realizing it was Takashi she lunged at him, “Takashi!” she cried clinging to his outfit.

“Memi wha-” He stopped when he saw Royaku lying dead, “Royaku!”

“Takashi?” Memieko turned around, “Wh-what are you dong here?” Her words choked as she furiously tried wiping her tears away only for more to come flowing out again.

“We came because we heard you scream” he struggled to spit out the words, “Royaku....” He noticed an arrow was sticking out of his chest and Memieko's clothing was beginning to be stained with blood.

“Wait, was this Koiwa?!” Half asking himself. Anger was starting to boil in his body as revenge began sounding sweet.

“I don't know, I found him like this...” her voice was beginning to sound clear and the tears were also subsiding.

Takashi sighed sadly. Then an idea came to his head. “Maybe Ryu can revive him!”

“We can ask” her eyes were lighting up a bit with hope, “Where is he?”

“He’s back behind those bushes over there,” Takashi pointed over across the clearing. Memieko walked over to where Takashi had pointed and disappeared behind the bushes.

How the heck did Takashi get through this, Memieko wondered while walking in the direction Takashi had pointed out. The thorns were yanking at her clothes and skin making it painful to walk through. She recognized voices up ahead realizing Mishiatsu and Ryu were talking with each other. She came close to them, making a lot of shuffling noises. The thorn bushes were pinned so tightly close to each other it was impossible to walk through it quietly. Dangit, you’re an assassin your not suppose to be so noisy, she thought to herself.

“Who’s there?” she recognized Mishiatsu’s voice which made no surprise since he had a keen ear.

“It’s me,” Memieko said coming out of the bushes, she started to brush herself off.

“Umm, Monike, what’s with the blood?”

She paused for a minute almost forgetting the blood on her, taking a gulp she told them, “Royaku’s dead.”

“What?!” Mishiatsu gasped as Ryu began to stare.

“Does this relate to you being covered in blood?” He interrogated.

“Shut up, Ryu, I didn’t kill him,” Memieko told him feeling herself grow frustrated, “I was holding his body, if you want to come back here and see an arrow sticking out of his chest then be my guest!” Suddenly remembering, “Takashi suspects Koiwa killed him.

“What!?” They both cried in chorus. She rolled her eyes feeling like they were being a broken record.

“Come on we don’t have any time, Takashi is still a bit depressed and he thinks you can revive him, Ryu.”

“I don’t know, if he’s been dead too long I might not be able to do it.”

“Well, I guess we have to try,” Mishiatsu said, “At least for Takashi's sake.”

They walked once again through the thorn thicket. Mishiatsu complained about them digging through his skin and Ryu just grunted with annoyance as they poked him.

“Finally,” they heard Takashi speak when they finally arrived at the clearing.

“Okay, let me see his body, do you guys know how long he’s been dead?” Ryu asked bending over to look at Royaku.

“I don’t know, I just found him like this,” Memieko replied.

Ryu touched Royaku’s wrist, “His blood is cold and rigor-mortice is beginning to set in,” he said after some time, “ I say he’s been dead for about 3 hours and that arrow is exactly the same arrow Koiwa bought from that archer shop. I know, I walked over to him as soon as he was putting the arrows on his back.”

“Can you still resurrect him?” Takashi asked.

“No, it’s been too long.”

“You have to at least try!” Takashi insisted.

“Look, Takashi, I told you I can’t, if I try to revive him now he’ll just be a walking mindless zombie.”

Out of nowhere Takashi grabbed Ryu by the scruff of his uniform, “Damnit you just want to leave him dead don’t you?!” he yelled in Ryu’s face, “I know how much you already hate Memieko, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted Royaku dead either!”

Memieko grabbed Takashi’s arm, “Please Takashi calm down!” she pleaded with tears returning after the realization that her friend was gone for good. Ryu was just giving Takashi a hard stare as everything was quiet. Even Mishiatsu was frozen.
    She tugged harder on his sleeve,”Takashi please leave him alone, it isn’t his fault Royaku’s dead!” Takashi slowly let go of his scruff and walked away passing Mishiatsu with Memieko chasing after him.

There was a long, awkward pause before Ryu spoke, “You know, I don’t really hate her.”

“What? Wait…oh,” Mishiatsu was confused at first but understood what he was talking about, “well you guys sure do seem to act like it.”

Ryu sighed, “That’s because when I started hanging out with a more elite class than her, she grew jealous, she’s like some child going through the attention phase and if someone shrugs her off she gets angry.”

“So who’s fault do you really think it is for your rivalry?”

“Hers.” he replied flatly

“Why?”

“Because like I said she’s a child she should act more mature than that.”

Does he ever look at both sides? Mishiatsu thought to himself but decided not say anything. He looked over at Royaku sadly, “We should give our friend a proper burial.”

“Right.” Ryu's expression was unreadable.
    Lucian
    Lucian
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Reputation Points : 4

Post by Lucian Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Love the story so far, waiting for more!
    Memieko
    Memieko
    Forum Moderators
    Forum Moderators

Post by Memieko Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Chapter 6 – Reunion
    “Takashi, wait please!” Memieko called to him as he walked away in fury. Without realizing it they both had walked out of the forest and where now in the outskirts of town. He turned around to face her trying to hide some of his anger. He sighed.

“I’m sorry, Memi, it’s just…” he never finished as they heard voices coming from behind the hill.

“Takashi! Memieko!” they heard a familiar voice call out. Almost instantly Takashi’s eyes lit up with joy. He whirled around and ran to the hill where Tatsuya’s voice was coming from. Memieko walked slowly towards the happy reunion. As she got there she saw Takashi and Tatsuya hugging like they haven’t seen each other in ages.

“Tatsuya! How’ve you been?” He asked as he kissed her cheek.

“Never better, how is everyone?” she asked.

Takashi shuffled around nervously and Memieko knew why. He was hesitant to answer her question, but got the words out. “Mishiatsu and Ryu are fine, but Royaku is… well... he's...dead.” Her eyes were emitting disbelief as she gave a horrified look. “How?” She acted more than she actually cared being that Royaku was only someone she had heard of. Yet, anyone could still tell she felt bad for Takashi knowing he was his best friend.

“Koiwa killed him, well, we assume that…” he said.

“How do you know..?”

“We found an arrow that Koiwa uses in Royaku’s chest.”

“I’m so sorry Takashi.” She hugged him tightly as another voice was heard, “Hey sis!” Memieko could see Takaharu running down the hill with his twin, Yotoko, running after him. “You move too far ahead! Me and my bro can’t run that fast.” He panted; his hair seemed like a sandy brown color, so long as the sun wasn’t shining upon it. He wore his assassin clothing. He was older than Memieko, but her fast growth rate and flexibility made it easier for her to move on to an assassin cross. His brother looked the same as he did, but Memieko always had a knack for telling them apart. It dawned on her that she was still coated with Royaku’s blood and felt the tears beginning to dry on her cheek.

“Uhm.. Takashi..I'll go back to the hotel and take a shower...,” She felt sadness begin to piece her again and her heart weighed in her chest as if wounded.

“What happened?” The twins asked in unison.

“Takashi’s friend was found dead,” She explained to her brothers.

“You mean Memieko killed him?” Yotoko asked.

“I didn’t kill him, if you must know, I went out to look for him since he was taking too long to check to see if Koiwa was alright,” she articulated, “I tripped over a branch and fell on the ground which was covered in blood.”

“So you say,” said a voice coming up from behind Tatsuya. Memieko stiffened with rage thinking it was Ryu tormenting her again, but when she realized Ryu would have to be coming up from the woods instead, she tried peering closely to see who it was. A slim person came up dressed in a Gun slinger uniform and wore a blindfold across his eyes. Memieko wondered how in the world he was able to be a gunslinger with the blindfold on. He had black hair like Koiwa and a cool atmosphere which soon dissipated.

“Heh, I was just kidding, you don’t look like a killer,” he said, “of course I do find it quite attractive for a sexy lady like yourself to be a killer, it’s so naughty…”

Memieko shuffled uncomfortably trying to hide any exposed skin.

“Listen here you-”

“Ah, you must be Takashi,” The gunslinger said, cutting off Takashi’s words, “My name is Amer.”

“…Amer*..? Amer!?” Takashi gasped.

“Yes, is there something wrong with it?” Amer asked.

“I’m feeling sick…” Takashi bulked over in a melodramatic way.

“Hey guys, come on, we need to think about more important things.” Tatsuya cut in.

“She’s right,” Takaharu picked up from his sister, “just because someone has a bit, well, odd name doesn’t mean we need to fight each other.”

“Fine”, they both answered.

“I’ll go head to the motel and take a shower, the blood is starting to dry and feel weird…” she said, remembering Royaku she sighed and starting to walk away with her head sulking.

“I’ll come join you!” Amer called and began heading in her direction.

“No you don’t!” He tackled Amer to the ground rubbing his face in the dirt.”

“Get off!” he yelled gruffly, “I was only joking!”

“Boys! Boys! Relax already.” Tatsuya tried coaxing them.

“Alright, Alright,” Takashi said getting up, “Just answer me this, how in the world can you see with that on?” He pointed at Amer’s blindfold.

“It’s see-through,” he answered simply, “I just use it for looks…and so ladies don’t think I can actually see them when they undress.” He added with a mischievous grin.

Takashi bonked the back of his head, “Idiot.”

“Ouch, damnit, what’s your problem!? That hurt!” He complained grasping the back of his head with both hands.

“You annoy me…” he replied.

“Come on you guys!” Yotoko said, starting to get frustrated along with his twin and sister.

“Alright, alright!” Takashi straightened himself up again, “We can’t do anything right now until we meet Koiwa,” Takashi said, “if we can talk him out of whatever he’s in, then so be it, but if he attacks anyone else we’ll have to stop him.”

“But-” The twins tried protesting

“We can’t risk anyone dying right now,” he said sternly, “it’s for everyone’s sake. If anyone wants to go after him they can do it themselves until we work out what's going on with Koiwa.”

“But that means I might die a virgin!” Amer wailed helplessly and dramatically wrapping himself around Takashi’s waist. It was obvious he planned to start a new rivalry

“I’m surprised you are one…” Takashi muttered plainly trying to push Amer off.

“You have no sympathy.” Amer let go of his waist and stood up.

“I see, by the way, Takashi…” Tatsuya said a bit nervously.

“What is it?”

“Well I sort of, bought everyone tickets to this Karaoke bar…It’s tomorrow night and if I had known Royaku was going to die I wouldn’t have bought them…”

“No, It’s okay we’ll all go, Ryu isn’t much of the party sport, but he’ll have to come anyway,” Takashi reassured her, “I’ll go check to make sure Memieko’s alright, you guys can come with so we can get you rooms.”

“Oh, Okay. Thanks Takashi.”

“And tomorrow you need to explain to me how in the world you met him.” He pointed at Amer.

“Haha, okay, Takashi.” She chuckled.

================================================
    *Amer means womanizer
    Please keep in mind this is a rough draft. It's free for criticism and editing.

Hmmm...stupid part in this chapter that needs fixing. -.-

Also, I noticed I double posted chapter 5. I deleted my double post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:25 am